Flying Circus Update V3.101b 10 Jun 19
This update has 80 changes/updates/bug-fixes and introduces the British Royal Aircraft Factory’s S.E.5a and the German Flugzeugwerke’s Albatros D.Va WWI fighters to Flying Circus, Vol. 1.
These changes/updates/bug-fixes specific to Flying Circus are shown below: for the complete list effecting the complete line of IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series products please see 777 Studios/1C Game Studios website HEREMain Features
2. Albatros D.Va is now available for all owners of “Flying Circus.”
3. S.E.5a is now available for all owners of “Flying Circus.”
9. In VR, active re-projection will not cause a rotating propeller to flicker.
10. The game launcher (non-Steam version) now offers more options (enabling or disabling VR, 4K textures, GUI auto-scale and mods).New Features in Aircraft Physics, Systems and Animations
62. Infinitely firing aircraft of other players should not randomly appear in multiplayer.
63. Additional steps have been taken to eliminate a rare problem with another player’s plane being invisible before opening fire.
66. Physical models of all aircraft engines have been revised; many rare bugs were found and fixed.
69. An error that caused Flying Circus aircraft propellers to have more power than in RoF has been found and fixed. The notable differences were detected at lower flight speeds with additional research showing that this error was a result of porting RoF planes into the Flying Circus environment. Additionally, this error was found to effect most flight characters to a more or less degree.
75. Sopwith’s Camel and Dolphin skid steering animations have been corrected.
76. Weight values listed for all large gun sights for Flying Circus planes and for the Spad XIII.C1 camera have been corrected.
77. Weight values listed for mounting additional Lewis machine guns on the Sopwith Dolphin have been corrected along with speed loss information.
This easily identifiable German fighter was symbolic of the first half of World War I with its streamlined profile. The D.Va was powered by a Mercedes D.IIIa 6 cylinder 180 HP engine and armed with two synchronized Spandau LMG 08/15 7.92mm machine guns. The rigid fuselage was composed of glued wood which can now be better visualized with the improved quality and complexity of the game's 3D modeling.
This late war plane combined all the main combat features need for victory – speed, maneuverability and firepower. It was powered by a Wolseley Viper V8 200 HP engine which enabled it to reach speeds of 218 KPH (135 MPH). Its armament included two machine guns – one belt fed Vickers 7.69 mounted on the fuselage and the other a Lewis 7.69mm magazine fed mounted on a tilt-able mount for shooting straight ahead and up above.