This update includes a total of 36 changes/updates/bug-fixes. 1C/777 Game Studios states that this update marks and important step for their Great Battles
simulator and that it will make the online multiplayer experience totally different from previous game play. 13 of these changes apply to Flying Circus Vol. 1. For the complete list please look: Here
This atmospheric/environmental update changes the Level Of Detail (LOD) scaling system at further distances. The lighting has been changed to “full”; a new atmospheric Haze Option and MSAA level (x8) has been added. Please Note: adding the Haze Option to the mission format makes previously saved .msnbin mission files obsolete. Delete the old files and save the new version using .Mission files. Main features
3. The long-range Level Of Detail scaling system for aircraft has been adjusted. Aircraft spotting at short to medium distances, especially when using camera wide-angles, has been greatly improved. The visibility at further distances has been adjusted for more realism.
4. “Alternate Visibility” has been renamed: “Enhanced Visibility.” This mode greatly increases aircraft visibility at long ranges. At medium ranges, visibility is also significantly improved compared to the old Alternate Visibility option.
5. MSAA (x8) Option has been added. Please note: This level of AA is very demanding on graphics card performance.
6. The Atmospheric Haze Density Option has been added to the Quick Mission Builder (QMB). The minimum value corresponds to the haze density available earlier.
7. Dawn/Dusk Fog Option has been added to the QMB. This option is available only when the haze density is set to one-half of the maximum value or greater.
8. The Haze Density Option (range 0.0 to 1.0) is now stored in the “mission” file. Radiation fog appears at dusk if the value of the haze is greater than 0.5 and the weather preset name contains an odd number at the end. The denser haze makes it easier to spot aircraft against the background of the landscape. (When the distance from the observer-to-target is much less than the distance from the observer-to-landscape behind the target.) This feature can be used when designing multiplayer missions on game servers.
9. Distant Level Of Detail (LOD) of aircraft now has the same surface material setting as closer and more detailed LODs which makes the lighting of distant aircraft much more realistic. Plus, this setting enables reflections/glints when the opponent aircraft reaches the proper reflection position.
10. A tool-tip has been added to multiplayer game listings which will show all the difficulty settings for that server when the mouse is hovered over it.
11. Difficulty information is also available in the multiplayer server Lobby (“About The Server” section).AI improvements
12. AI wingmen keep their optimal climb speed when the wing leader is higher in altitude and further away.
14. AI enemy aircraft more actively attack maneuvering targets at lower speeds.Other Changes
32. With the introduction of the Atmospheric Haze Option, the issue of dawn/dusk fog blinking near the horizon has been minimized.
33. The difference in the density of atmospheric haze has been minimized when using the minimum (40 km) and maximum (150 km) visibility range options.